Wednesday 23 July 2014

My Marriage & Mahabharata.

In my last blog i told you the circumstances in which my marriage got fixed and i was not ready for it and persuasion by all family members and relatives failed to convince me.At that time television serial of B.R.Copra's Mahabharata was hugely popular and at the times of it's telecast all the city used to come to standstill & roads used to get deserted like at the time of curfew.So,on the fourth day of their persuasion my father after getting frustrated started weeping and told me that can't you see in Mahabharata that the Karna lived his entire life for others and he even sacrificed his life for his principals. He also said that it is .very easy to live for yourself but it is difficult to live for others happiness.
This sentence hit me hard and till that day i had not seen my father weeping for anything.So,i touched his feet and said that if that is what you wanted then i am ready for the marriage.Everybody in the family got overjoyed and surprised that what made me suddenly to change my mind.I also decided there and then that if i had a son after my marriage then i will name him Karna.After my marriage i first became father of girl and named her kanika and then i had a son and as decided named him Karna.
Now the real reason for my not getting married was that i knew from the beginning that two of my elder brothers were studying engineering and they were good in studies and i was not good infect i failed in 10th class.So, i realized that i will not be able to give my wife and children which they would be able to give and then they will have to live their life in inferiority complex and which came true in my later life.I had realized that it when i was in 11th class and taken a decision then that i will never get married and my schoolmates knew about it.
Now after getting my approval they invited my would be father in law to come to our house to finalize the marriage.After all the ceremony i told my father-in-law that i am on a probationary period in my company and might lose this job if i will go for my marriage since it is highly unlikely that i will get leave but he said that it does not matter to him since he is confident that i will get another good job.
After finalization of marriage date i went to my office Branch Manager and told him that my marriage got fixed and i will require 15 days leave.He asked me why 15 days,marriage requires only one day.Actually he was a Christian.I told him that i will go to bihar and 4 days only required for train travel and we are Maithil Brahmans and our rituals are such that minimum this much time is required.He then told me that why you not asked me before finalizing your marriage and i told the same to my father.On hearing this my father got angry and told me to immediately resign from such company but instead of resigning i went ahead for my marriage without taking the leave and when i came back i was sacked.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear this Anoop Jee, I was eagerly waiting for this post. Whatever you decided earlier or you decided after hearing your father, both the decisions were quite good. I guess you should have resigned then and there when your father told you to do so, but then it was your decision and I am sure you must have felt bad about hearing your sacking from the company, but I am sure you must have came over this very soon.

    BTW good to hear about your kids....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback.As for as my resigning from the company is concerned i did not wanted to leave such a big group and i thought that better sense will prevail upon my Branch Manager but i was proved wrong.

    ReplyDelete