Friday 11 July 2014

INTRESTING INTERVIEWS

After working for LIC for one year i started looking for full time job since in the mean while i had completed my Diploma in Business Administration and started giving interviews.Since i was very bold since my childhood and in my college days after my exposure with party politics & leadership i had no fear of facing the interview's. So one day i went for an interview for sales executive job in a Doer Closing company and after interview i was told that they have selected me for the job and i will receive the letter of appointment with in a week by post.Since it was my first full time job so i was very anxiously waiting for my letter but when 10 days got past so i went to company office and asked the owner that could you tell me the reason why you have not selected me?
He looked up to me and said that who told you that you are not selected in-fact i was out of station and that is why we were not able to send you the joining letter so any way you can join from tomorrow but bring your original certificates and you have to get it deposited in our office.I asked him how can i deposit my originals with you? He said what is the problem in it ? We will issue you the receipt for it.I replied back but sir in case there is fire in your office tomorrow then what will i do with this receipt?But he was taken aback and said that you are yet to join my company and talking about fire in my premises but i replied that is not it a possibility? I told him that i refuse to join your company since you want to exploit your employees and walked away.
One day i saw an Ad.in the newspaper of  a resort company and they required sales executives but they had highlighted that person of less then 35years should not apply for this post.I was 21 year old at that time and did not understood the reason for the age restriction,so i applied for the job and they called me for the interview by mistake.
When my turn of interview came i entered the room but there were three person sitting in room and one of them waived his hand and stopped me by saying that you are too young for this job.But i replied to him without any fear that Sir,Do you want a 35 year old person or a person who can deliver for you? If you are looking for a person who can do this job to best of his abilities then i am the person you are looking for?
They looked at each other and asked me to come in and after the interview i got selected and they asked their staff to issue me the appointment letter.On hearing this i told them that sir thank you all very much but i don't want this job since it is a doer to doer job.They all looked at me angrily that if you did not wanted this job then why you had wasted our time and your time also? I replied back that sir i came to give this interview to prove that your Ad. for this post was wrong and i have proved that since you have selected a 21 year old for the same job.On hearing my reply they all clapped and hugged me and wished me well for my future success.But they said that we won't let you go like that we are giving you our company agency and you can book orders from your home and we will pay you commission on whatever business you will get.I still have that letter with me and i am proud of it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Anoop Jee, this is so really inspiring. I am really glad to hear both and actually all your stories. These are all motivational to guys like us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alok. The very purpose of narrating these stories is to motivate and inspire the readers.

      Delete