Monday 7 July 2014

START OF PROFESSIONAL JOURNEY.

I had completed my Graduation in 1985 and now i didn't knew what to do next? So,i asked my father that what i should do now? He suggested me to do Law and start giving exams for government jobs and learn typewriting.Yes,this was a age of type-writers but i was very ambitious and i had decided one thing that i will not become clerk so i decided never to give exam for U.D.C or L.D.C post.Lawyer's profession also didn't attracted me.My dream was to became a manager in some big company or IAS officer.
M.B.A was new course at that time but since i didn't had the required percentage in the graduation the next best option was to do Diploma in business Administration which i did from Annamalai university.It was a correspondence course and i remained free for whole day so i was looking for a job so that i can fulfill my expenditures.One day there was an advertisement in the news paper about requirement of Career Agent in L.I.C of India and they were offering Rs.300/pm as stipend plus commission on insurance policies which you will do.What attracted me most that you did not required to go to office on regular basis and you have to give only 12 policies in a year to remain a career agent and after completion of three years they promote you to Development officer on achieving certain fixed targets.
So,i gave the exams and got it cleared and after Group discussion and interview i got selected as Career Agent and started doing insurance of most of my relatives so i used to earn approximately Rs800 to1000/month and it was good amount of money for a bachelor.By 1986 my 2nd elder brother also got married after getting a good job and he became father of baby girl and it became a joeys occasion for our family since it was for the first time in our family that a baby girl was born because we are four brothers with no sister so it was a big news.Then my eldest brother also became father of his 2nd son.
As i had mentioned in my earlier blog's that my father was civil engineer in a government undertaking and my eldest brother is also civil engineer and other elder brother is also electrical engineer and they both were employed in very good companies and had reasonably good salaries so nobody was much bothered about my career and they set me free to do whatever i wanted to do.
After completing one year of my diploma and working for L.I.C i started facing problems because i initially insured only the family members or their friends but when i started insuring strangers then i came to know that first premium of insurance is paid by agents from their own pocket because they earn the commission till the position last  its like business where you have to first invest and then you get the return after a year.You need to have money to invest in the market and since i did not had the money so i thought what is the sense of doing this sort of job and then you have to beg from strangers to get there life insurance done and my temperament was not like that.So i quit my first job in L.I.C.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks.Looking forward to your feedback.

      Delete
  2. Nice Anoop Jee, good to read all your posts. Plus I am seeing a great improvement in the blog design as well. Good to see.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot.As for your complement on design goes the credit goes to my nephew.

      Delete